As we age, changes occur in our bodies. There are things we can noticeably see, such as hair color, but changes are occurring within the body as well.
Our brain and central nervous system are experiencing changes as well, this is why a person is more likely to suffer a neurological issue over the age of 65.
Here are some of the most common neurological disorders that affect seniors and may require senior home-care:
- Stroke or medical known as a Cerebral Vascular Accident (CVA)- this occurs when a part of the blood supply to the brain is being blocked, such as a clot.
- Neuropathy- nerve disorder causing numbness
- Alzheimer’s Disease- progressive diseases that destroys the cells in the brain
- Parkinson’s Disease- a chronic and progressive movement disorder
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis- (ALS), also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease. This is progressive disease affecting motor neurons and causes deterioration of a muscle’s function. Any of these affects a person’s quality of life and they may need assistance in their homes.
Here, at Perfect Solutions for Seniors, we provide a free in-home consultation and work within your budget for 24 hour or as needed senior home-care in Sarasota. We do not want a person’s financial income to hinder care.
#seniorcare #dementia #inhomecare #eldercare #CNA #alzheimercareforseniors #besthomecareagency #homecarenearme